Broken teeth, fractured jaws, lip injuries, and endless orofacial injuries. A simple muay thai mouthguard can prevent you from all of these damages. While Muay Thai is an excellent combat sport to train your body and mind, it takes immense dedication to master the martial art. If you’ve been training in this sport, you would have undergone internal injuries for sure.
Protective gears are a must while you’re competing or training, and the most important one is the mouthguard. A sport can only be played for a long time if you care equally for safety. Mouthguards are essential as they absorb the shocks, thus injuring you less. There is no guarantee that they would protect you entirely, but it will save a lot of your money in the future.
Also, training with a mouthguard is an excellent practice to keep yourself in shape. There are tonnes of mouthguard designs available in the market where you will love how creatively the brands have constructed the simple product. We’ll take you on a short ride to some of the best muay thai mouthguards available in the market so that you need not spend hours looking for a good one.
Top 8 Best Muay Thai Mouthguard Reviews
Here are a few best muay thai mouthguard that many customers prefer due to its quality, size, and ease of use. You can thank us later when you find the one that fits you well with the comprehensive guide provided here.
1. Custom-fitted Mouthpiece by Impact
What is worse than having a broken jaw or teeth? You cannot eat, communicate, and also train accurately with that injury, and what’s required to prevent all of these? The muay thai mouthguard. Yes, this plain equipment is a must to have in your Muay Thai kit. Impact mouthguard is one of the best in the market as it is a custom-fitted mouthpiece. You can talk, breathe, and drink water between matches with ease. It is an excellent product and protects you well during rolling and heavy sparring. The comfort and fit are exceptional. You can put on and remove it easily. It is high-quality and absorbs the impacts well, thus saving you from grave injuries. It is an investment you would never regret.
- Fits just right and is comfortable
- Custom-fitted mouthguard
- Made of high-quality and stays intact
- Absorbs shocks and is breathable
- Might be a little expensive compared to the rest
Price – $84.00
2. Multi-shade Venum Mouth Protector
Want to protect those beautiful pearl teeth? Then you have to consider the Venum Mouthguard while buying one. It is available in thirteen different shades, and you will love every single one. You can mold the muay thai mouthguard to fit your teeth perfectly, and it allows you to talk comfortably too. It will fit you perfectly and offers maximum protection to your mouth. The high-density frame absorbs impacts, thus preventing you from visiting the dentist. While some of the mouthguards are either big for the mouth or fall off while training, this mouthpiece provides you the perfect fit and comfort. When it comes to Muay Thai protective equipment, Venom offers everything you need to have, and adding this to your kit will take your training to another level overall. It is important to read the instructions thoroughly while molding your piece to avoid any further complications
- Fits perfectly well and is breathable
- Comfortable and offers maximum protection
- High-density rubber to absorb shocks
- Available in multiple designs
- It’s quite different from the rest, so need to follow the instructions carefully
Price – $14.99
3. Lightweight Muay Thai MouthPiece
This muay thai mouthguard doesn’t restrict itself to muay thai, and it can be used for every type of martial arts. It is comfortable enough and stays right in place when you wear them. You get them in pairs, and unlike the bulky mouthguards, this is lightweight and yet offers the protection needed. You can talk with ease, and it is breathable too. If there’s one thing missing in your kit, then it is this. There is an undercarriage channel system that allows the flow of oxygen, helping you breathe while wearing them. Once you follow the instructions while molding the mouthpiece, you can get on the ring and fight like a champion. It is definitely worth the price, and you will love wearing it given any day.
- It is sturdy and designed well
- Breathable and comfortable
- Lightweight yet offer ultimate protection
- Can do heavy sparring with this
- Might have trouble molding the piece initially
Price – $12.25
4. Muay Thai Ringside Mouthguard
The Ringside mouthguard is a boil and bite type muay thai mouthguard. Unlike the custom-made guards, this might not be that great, but you sure can give it a try. It is available in multiple colors and is comfortable. It’s available as a complete pack with ten mouthguards. You will love to wear them and also save time in buying further mouthpieces due to extras present. Whether you’re a newbie to the world of Muay Thai or a professional, you would love this mouthguard and enjoy sparring sessions with them. No wonder why it is a favorite among numerous customers. Protection and comfort are the two main things when it comes to any muay thai gears, and this too provides the same.
- Available in numerous colors
- It is comfortable
- Best for sparring sessions
- Protects your teeth and jaw well
- Might be a bit complex to use initially
Price – $8.44
5. Durable Mouthguard by Franklin Sports
It is another highly recommended muay thai mouthguard. Franklin Sports have designed the guard to fit the needs of everyone. It is perfectly made for Muay Thai enthusiasts and is made of medical quality EVA polymer. While most of the Muay Thai guards wear after a short period, this is durable and will be in good shape even after constant use for a long time. They can be customized, ensuring it fits well for all. It’s a boil and bite type of mouthguard where the instructions are mentioned along with the product. It’s an ideal guard and protects well by preventing major injuries to your teeth. It is designed well to absorb shocks and ensure maximum protection.
- It is durable and of high-quality
- Absorbs impacts thus protects well
- A storage case is included
- You can customize it
- Not available in multiple colors
- Might have difficulties while molding
Price – $9.95
6. Stylish Mouthguard by Warrior Mouthguards
One of the coolest looking muay thai mouthguards in the market is by Warrior Mouthguards. It is designed to fit the needs of anyone, be it a kid to a professional martial artist. It is a boil and bite type mouthguard and comes in more than 20 colors and designs. Your kid will love wearing this guard to his/her training sessions as they are not only comfortable; they look good too. Warrior has understood you very well and has crafted the perfect guard that prevents from multiple injuries related to dental. You get a storage case to keep your guards clean and safe. If you want your teeth and jaw to be in good shape, then you must buy the mouthguards without having any second thoughts.
- Available in multiple colors and designs
- Comfortable and fits perfect
- Prevents dental injuries
- Designed for everyone
- You might find it bulky when compared to others
Price – $19.99-$24.99
7. Double Layered Mouthguard by Everlast
A winning part of this muay thai mouthguard is its color. The black and red combination makes it attractive. Not only is this guard good-looking, but it also provides ample protection to your jaws. It is equipped with a double layer frame and is constructed to protect the upper and lower jaw during heavy sparring. It is breathable due to the central breath channel. This boil and bite guard is comfortable and fits perfectly. It stays intact and doesn’t slip. Protects well due to the shock-absorbing nature of the inner layer and also it has a firm outer layer. It is durable and is solid enough to take that blow well from your opponent.
- Solid material and is comfortable
- It is durable and breathable
- Fits perfectly and remains intact
- Protects your jaws well
- Might be a bit bulky and not suitable for kids
Price – $13.95
8. Comfortable Mouthguard by Shock Doctor
The Shock Doctor mouthguard fits perfectly with the gel fit liner technology. It is available in multiple designs and colors where you can choose from. You can see yourself perform better with these guards as they are provided with a breathing channel. It is made of a heavy-duty shock frame that protects your cheek, teeth, jaw, and all the vital parts. It is durable and is of the boil and bite type. Protects you well during sparring and grappling; hence it is safe. You can go for this as it has got all the features, including the multitude of colors available for the piece. Mouthguards protect you from all the dental injuries and save a lot of your time and effort in visiting the dentist.
- Durable and breathable
- Offers maximum protection
- Available in multiple vibrant colors
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Might pop out if not worn right.
Price – $34.00
While muay thai mouthguard is one of the simplest protective gears, you cannot just buy a random one. Though you need to do some amount of research before buying one, here are a bunch of things to keep in mind before planning to buy a mouthguard for your training.
- Size of the mouthguard – It is essential to choose the one that fits you perfectly. When the guard is of the right size, it is breathable and comfortable. In case if you feel the previous one is bulky, try to find the right one. An ill-fitting mouthguard can do more harm to your teeth and also fall off during the matches.
- Type – Three types of mouthguards are available: the boil and bite guard, custom-fitted guard, and stock mouth protector. Whatever the type you choose, try to choose the one that offers maximum protection and is comfortable. The most preferred one is custom-made guards, then comes the boil and bite guards. However, choose the one that you feel is right for you.
- Design – This basic piece is no more basic with some of the unique types of designs available in the market. There are plenty of vibrant and well-constructed mouthguards from numerous brands which you can choose from. Keeping safety as your top priority, go for the ones that rightly aligns with your choices. You don’t want to break your teeth later, right?
We have seen the top mouthguards in the market here. While a mouthguard is necessary, it is important to keep them in clean condition too. As much as a mouthguard protects you, not maintaining it can cause more harm to your teeth resulting in plaque and cavities. Always brush your teeth before and after wearing the mouthguard.
You need to brush your mouthguard after use too. You might find it annoying initially, but doing so will only prevent you from visiting the dentist frequently. Try to rinse it with cold water, brush it, and then keep it to dry until the next use. That said, buying a mouth seems like an easy task, but you need to spend a considerable amount of time to find the right fit.
Once you’re done with it, you can confidently participate in competitions and training sessions. The muay thai mouthguard is one such simple product that prevents you from major dental injuries, and that keeps you loving the sport for a longer time in your life.