Muay Thai is one such combat sport that teaches you plenty of things in life. While the prime focus is on toughening the body, parallelly, it strengthens your mind too. Anyone can learn this martial art as it doesn’t restrict itself to a particular section of the community. However, what is essential while training and competing is shielding yourself from the hard strikes. When it comes to your overall body protection, muay thai belly pad works well by guarding you and keeping your body intact.
It allows you to strengthen your body and stance along with protecting you. Finding the right belly pad that meets your requirements and size can be challenging. There is a wide range of things to keep in mind before buying one, and if you miss even a single element, you might have to return the product right away. Therefore, we have come up with a comprehensive guide to ease your process of finding the right one and have also included a list of some of the best muay Thai belly pads in the markets. All it takes is a simple tap from your phone to have that perfect belly pad that fits you well.
Top 6 Best Muay Thai Belly Pad Review
Belly pads are available almost everywhere, but choosing the right brand that fits you well can be challenging. Take a peek into some of the top-rated belly pads from renowned brands and check whether it meets your expectations.
1. Sunset Shaded Ring to Cage Belly Pad 4.2
The Ring to Cage is a top brand that offers you some of the best muay thai belly pad. The main attraction of this pad is its vibrant sunset color. Wearing it during your training sessions provides you with maximum protection during heaving striking. It is equipped with dome air technology so that the impact is not transferred to a single area. It is a perfect belly pad for beginners as well as professionals. It is durable, and the leather is lightweight, allowing mobility during heavy sparring. Also, it doesn’t have the velcro straps like the rest. It is outfitted with metal buckle and triple-layer strap to ensure safety and so that it doesn’t slide while training.
- Affordable and comfortable
- Equipped with metal buckle
- Features dome air technology
- Lightweight and durable
- Might be too vibrant for those who like primary colors
Price – $69.95
2. Trendy Belly Pad by Fairtex 4.6
If you’re on the lookout for a stylish muay thai belly pad, then Fairtex gives you the right one. It is made of leather and is lighter than the previous version of the same pad. There is a double layer of foam padding that absorbs the impacts and protects you from the direct strikes. You cannot question the durability as it is made in Thailand, the place of origin of this martial art. It is comfortable and available in multiple colors too. It is equipped with a velcro fastener, which might be a downside of this belly pad. However, the overall design and style is commendable.
- Made of leather and durable
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Double layer foam padding
- Stylish and available in multiple colors
- Comes with velcro straps so might slide
Price – $128.91
3. Belly and Chest Protector by RDX 4.2
RDX offers you one of the coolest muay thai belly pad in the markets. It is made of Maya Hide Leather, offering ultimate durability and resiliency. An ideal pad for every type of martial arts and the foam padding is dense enough to absorb impacts ensuring maximum protection. While a belly pad is significant for Thai muay enthusiasts, this pad will be beyond your expectations. It protects not only your belly but also your chest hence covering all the crucial areas during training sessions. It comes with an extra-long hook and loop closure securing the pad firmly. The nylon seams add more beauty to the pad and are long-lasting. This RDX belly pad fits well for everyone and is an ideal one to protect your chest, belly, kidney, and ribs.
- Provides optimal protection to the chest and belly
- Durable and lightweight
- Shock-absorbing foam padding
- Maya Hide Leather resists abrasion
- Might find it too bulky
Price – $62.99
4. Multi-layer Foam Padded Belly Pad by Fairtex 4.3
This Fairtex muay thai belly pad is handmade from Thailand. The leather is durable and comfortable. The numerous layers of foam padding protect your belly like no other. It has a hook and loop to keep your pad intact even during sparring and fighting from hard knees. While Muay Thai is one of the martial arts that condition your body, these belly pads provide the right protection during your training sessions to gain confidence in the sport, Fairtex has clearly understood, and since it’s an original brand from Thailand, they just know how to pad it.
- Authentically handmade in Thailand
- Provided with hook and loop closure
- Added protection with a multi-layer foam pad
- Comfortable equipment
- The leather might start peeling off
Price – $90.07 – $109.00
5. Twins Belly Leather Protector
Twins Belly Protector is available in black color and is made of cowskin leather. The foam padding is dense enough to protect you from knee strikes and foot jabs. It has buckle waist wrap at the back and is designed to be worn by anyone. While muay thai belly pads are an essential part of the training sessions, the Twins special can be used for different types of martial arts too. It protects one well as it is comfortable and padded perfectly. The leather material is durable and lightweight without hindering movements during training sessions.
- Made of leather and is comfortable
- Foam Padding is good enough
- Buckle waist wrap at the back
- Comes in various sizes
- Could get a better one for the price
Price – $81.95 – $ 125.95
6. Robust Ringside Belly Pad 4.1
It is a solid muay thai belly pad from Ringside. You would not feel a thing with this pad. Padding should be good enough when it comes to Muay Thai protective equipment, and this has dense padding that absorbs the shocks and reduces them right away. It is equipped with a nylon strap, which can be adjusted with a buckle closing—the best belly pad for your training sessions and that which fits anyone. If there’s a robust belly pad in the market, then it has to be this. You can up your training with these pads and condition your body better.
- Robust and durable
- Absorbs shocks pretty well
- Enough padding to provide protection
- Equipped with nylon straps and buckle closure
- Not available in multiple colors
Price – $54.99
7. Dome Tech Shield by Combat Sports 4.5
One of the best muay thai belly pads available, and you cannot go wrong with Combat Sports when it comes to Muay Thai equipment. The dome air technology used offers protection by dispersing impacts all over. A must-have brand in your Muay Thai kit. It is made of synthetic leather and is lightweight. To ensure the pad is intact, it is equipped with a buckle strap closure. Training sessions with this pad can be a lot more fun where you can try new moves and continue learning more with confidence. It is durable and comfortable, offering the right shielding to your body parts.
- Lightweight and affordable
- Foam padding provides right shielding
- Fits perfect for everyone
- Durable and comfortable
- The strap length might be inadequate
Price – $59.99
8. Matte-Black Venum Belly Pad 4.2
While the black colored belly pad looks classy, other colors look good too. Venum from Thailand offers one of the excellent belly pads, and it is handmade from this South Asian country. It has triple-layer padding and is situated at the right places internally, providing safety and covers most of the belly and also the area around it. It doesn’t restrict your movements, and you can perform with great flexibility even with the pad on. A perfect belly pad for your training sessions and which is comfortable and durable too. It is made of high-quality material and ensures it offers the best features for the price.
- Comfortable and offers flexibility
- Durable and lightweight
- Made of high-quality leather
- Originally from Thailand
- Can get a better one for the price
Price – $99.99
There are plenty of things to keep in mind before buying a muay thai belly pad because it’s an investment that shouldn’t go wrong. Right from its material to its design, you need to look carefully at each and buy the one that best fits you. So, here are some key elements to keep in mind before buying the pads online.
- What type of material should you choose – The most important thing is to choose the right material for the pads. Generally, they are made of either leather or synthetic materials. While the leather pads are expensive, they offer you the ultimate protection needed in the right areas. They might be weighty to an extent, but at the end of the day, that saves your bones. You might also experience difficulty while washing them. Though the leather ones come with their negatives, they protect you from the body shots like no other. The synthetic ones are, however, cheaper and lighter but do not offer exact protection like the leather ones.
- Padding in a belly pad – While some offer thick foam padding around your belly leaving the sides, others are padded in every direction to guard you against the hard strikes. You see, knowing the weak areas, your opponent might strike at specific areas where you might end injuring your organs at an early stage. If you’ve started training just recently, then it’s a must to wear a belly pad as they help you strengthen your body and gain confidence in the sport. However, try not to buy the overly padded ones as they can be uncomfortable.
- Design of the pads – Often, the belly pads have either a velcro strap or a hook and loop closure. The most suitable is the one with the hook and loop strap as they keep your pads intact and don’t slide during the training sessions. Coming to the style, you can choose the one that fits you entirely rather than going for the ones that look good on you. However, there are a few basic ones that are all rolled into one.
Some of the muay thai belly pads provide you with maximum protection where it helps you strengthen your body and prepare well in advance to take the strikes without worrying about injuring the organs. The pads absorb the shock from the harsh blows, thus saving you from a direct impact to the vital parts of your body. Muay Thai is an exceptional combat sport with a great history and also the one that is slowly gaining worldwide recognition due to its overall positive impact on the body. Choosing the belly pads that are durable and lightweight is a task in itself.
We hope you’ve got a clear idea about the belly pads and also helped in choosing the right muay thai belly pad for your training sessions. Along with looking good, you will learn to stay disciplined and motivated in your life, which is a huge bonus. It’s the one sport that strengthens your body, offers flexibility, and keeps you fit as fine. You can also get trained in Mixed Martial Arts as Muay Thai is the base for that sport. It gets easier once you become experienced with this combat sport and opens the door of opportunities everywhere. When you discover the true potential of this sport, you unlock your hidden potential, which helps you make headway in life.