Muay Thai is a combat sport that trains an individual in gaining physio-mental stability. Unlike boxing, Muay Thai focuses on elbows, fists, knees, and shins. If you’re planning to master this combat sport, then brace yourself for the rigorous training and conditioning of the body. Since the kicks principally depend on the shin bones, the prime focus throughout the training sessions will be on hardening the tibia.
It is incredibly important to research the best muay thai shin guards of premium quality, and possess them whether you’re a professional or an amateur Thai boxer because there is nothing worse than getting your shin bones injured when it comes to Muay Thai. While it can be a tricky task to choose the right shin guard, it all comes down to finding the right size that provides the maximum protection.
That said, going for the low-cost ones can cost your shin bone in the later stages. Never compromise on the price when it comes to buying protective gear. As a result, we have come up with some of the top-notch shin guards to ease your process of finding the right one. Read on to find out more about them.
Top 8 Best Muay Thai Shin Guards Reviews
As mentioned earlier, shin guards are essential to protect yourself from the opponent and also for better physical agility. Here are some of the best muay thai shin guards that you can choose from if you’ve been planning to buy one for a long time.
1. Authentic Thailand shin guards by Fairtex
Thailand is the origin of this combat sport and offers some of the best muay thai shin guards. Fairtex is one such Thai based brand that provides high-quality Muay Thai boxing gear. If you don’t own any equipment of the Fairtex brand, then you’re not using the right one. Shin guards by Fairtex is comfortable, provides complete protection to your shins, including the instep, and is durable. It is made of synthetic leather and offers excellent padding and ankle protection too. It comes with a detachable foot, a shin protector, and straps are perfect and snug, so movement is not limited while kicking. Fairtex offers you a wide range of vibrant guards to choose from, and you will not regret a minute buying them. However, you have to do thorough research on the size before buying.
- It is comfortable and is of high-quality.
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Offers maximum protection
- Straps are intact and don’t limit movement
- Might slip when heavy sparring
Price – $56.00- $83.99
2. Lightweight elastic Meister shin guards
Meister offers some of the well-made shin guards, and you would be in awe of their products. They do provide some of the best muay thai shin guards in the market. Their shin guards are light-weight and yet rigid while boxing. The foam padding protects your feet as well as your shins. Even during an intense training session, they don’t slide, and stay intact due to the elastic nature of the guards. Another coolest thing is the hook and loop strap at the top that secure your guards pretty well. They come in four different colors and can be used by anyone regardless of age. Even when you’re kicking the heavy bag during the training sessions, these guards stay undisturbed without making it troublesome for you. You can effortlessly put on, and remove them. You’ll not experience any inconvenience because of its light-weight than the rest of the brands.
- Hook and loop strap secures the pad well
- Available in four different colors
- Remains intact due to the elastic body
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Since they are lightweight, they might not protect during intense boxing.
Price – $14.99
3. Stylish Shin Guards by Top King
If you’re someone who spends a considerable amount of time re-adjusting your guards rather than in actual training, then you must buy the Top King shin guards. Top King is another premium brand that offers some of the best muay thai shin guards. These guards are stylish and come in attractive colors too. Unlike other shin guards, the Top King offers protection for the lower legs and also the knee caps. Hook and loop straps secure the guards well. They are comfortable and lightweight. You would not find the heaviness while kicking and will love the practice sessions than before. They come in four different sizes, fit well, and worth the price. If you want to have a long-lasting and comfortable shin guard, then going for Top King is the best option.
- Dense padding offering optimal protection
- Available in multiple colors and designs
- They are lightweight yet durable
- Stays intact even during heavy sparring
- Strap length might be inadequate
Price – $78.80-$93.30
4. Impressive RDX shin guards
When you’re stepping into the world of Muay Thai, as an amateur, you might feel like giving up after the first few classes due to the intensity of the game. The worst part would be when you see a lump on your shin. For you to avoid all that, RDX has come up with one of the best muay thai shin guards that protect you from severe injuries. With their guards, you will love to head to your classes more than before. The shin guards are made of leather, and you get a protective pair of insteps infused with shock foam absorbs. These guards are impressive as they are designed well features unique to other brands. The elastic support and hook and loop closure ensure safety and comfort at the same time. The sweat-wicking lining keeps your shins dry and fresh.
- Made of leather and provides great agility
- It is comfortable and durable
- Minimum to zero harm to your shin bones
- Ensure security and stays intact
- Straps might be short for thick calves
- Might slip sideways but chances are minimum
Price – $58.99
5. Light-weight and adjustable strap guards by Elite Sports
Shin Guards are essential for a rookie to prevent damage to the shins. You need to be able to perform better during the initial stages without any break, and it is possible only if you have a shin guard to protect you from the hardest strikes and also to strike harder. Elite Sports have designed the shin guards that best fit the needs of an amateur as well as a professional. They are pre-curved, and the straps can be tailored accordingly. It also has a high-density protection foam for maximum protection. You can gain momentum and speed due to the light-weight pads, and they also offer optimal protection. These guards are washable, so you no longer have to worry about the stink after an intense training session. They are available in seven different colors apart from the regular black ones that you see most often.
- They are pre-curved and have an adjustable strap
- Comfortable and offers excellent mobility
- They are worth the price and is durable
- They are lightweight and Provides maximum protection
- Padding is not provided to the toes
Price – $9.99-$24.99
6. Handmade Shin Guards from Thailand, KingtTop
Another well-designed shin guard is this. It is made of high-quality leather with Velcro straps. The hook and loop closure ensure the pads are secured well so that they don’t slide during intense sparring. The padding is well-constructed and saves your shin even with a harder strike from the opponent. Padding is also present between the shin and the foot, providing added protection against heavy blows. It is available in multiple colors and enhances your shin guard appearance even more. It is handmade and imported from Thailand. The raised knee-guards protect the knee pretty well. They are beautiful guards offering the best to any Muay Thai player with their excellent features.
- Excellent padding and comfortable
- Available in a multitude of colors
- Quality is extremely good
- It is durable and can last for more than 2 years
- The raised knee-guard might pose a problem
- The straps might be inadequate
Price – $78.80 – $89.00
7. Cherry-red durable shin guard, Combat Sports
What’s more attractive about this guard is cherry-red color. It looks pretty good when worn and not to forget it is durable and comfortable too. It’s the perfect combination of comfort, protection, and looks. It has a neoprene sleeve so that it stays intact even during intense workouts or heavy blows. The pads have a dense foam protecting you well enough from even the worst strikes. It protects your ankle and foot, apart from the shins. They do not slip due to the sleeve that clings tightly to your leg. If you’re a beginner, then you can definitely go for these. However, it is designed to fit even a pro. They are affordable and high-quality.
- Light-weight yet durable
- Excellent padding and ensures the safety
- Works well with hard sparring
- Comfortable and of high-quality
- Not available in multiple colors
- Might have difficulty taking them off after intense training.
Price – $31.58- $49.99
8. Comfortable leather shin guards, Miester
One of the best muay thai shin guards that are comfortable and as light as a feather is this. Meister does offer quality products. This particular guard is designed to provide the right fit as it follows the contours of your legs. It is made of Cowhide leather and high-density impact foam for ultimate protection. The straps at the end keep the guards intact and, while customers have faced issues with straps from other brands, these are excellent and provide a better fit. It can be considered as an ideal shin guard for light sparring or regular gym sessions. Leg straps are secured well with the hook and loop locking. On the whole, it is a great shin guard for those looking for lighter yet durable and comfortable ones.
- They are lightweight and easy to carry around
- 3-foot straps hold the gel foot pad well
- Padded well on the sides ensuring better protection
- Comfortable and good for light sparring
- Available only in a single color
- The orange rubber pieces might mess up the floor
Price – $44.99
Buying the right shin guard can be difficult, and if you’ve already experienced re-adjusting your guards more than ever, then it is time to actually look into certain aspects and gain a thorough understanding of the shin guards.
- Size – For obvious reasons, the first thing to look at is the size. It varies with each brand, but try to measure, and research them well in advance. Say for example, if your size is M, then certain brands might have the same size at L. It can be hard to figure this out, but it saves a lot of time later. Finding the right size might be a challenging task but always go through the size charts completely before placing the order.
- Material – The leather shin guards are durable and comfortable too. You might find shin guards of other materials, but they don’t last long enough, and you have to end up buying new guards periodically. They protect you from getting your shin injured and help you in better performance. Also, always go for the thai based brands. They are the authentic ones.
- Quality – The quality of your shin guard is necessary to keep yourself away from dealing with unnecessary issues. For a better quality, you need to pay a higher price, but it will all be worth it in the end. Higher the price, higher the quality. If you’re a rookie, you can go for the cheaper ones, but it really is not a good idea. Saving yourself from a severe injury depends on the quality of the shin guard that you buy.
Shin guards are the ones that protect you from any hard blows and keep you safe from the opponent. Also, it gives you better speed and mobility without having to worry about getting your bone broken. Muay Thai is not an easy sport, but with the right equipment and training, one can always perform excellently. Some of the best muay thai shin guards offer optimal protection, are durable, and provide maximum comfort. It’s a must for beginners and provides safety during intense training. Once you find the right brand that aligns well with your requirements, there is no one to stop you from mastering or winning the sport.