If you’re planning to get a gym membership for the next quarter or year, hang in there, there’s something, even better than that. Oh yes, it’s the Muay Thai. It keeps you in shape, awakens the competitive beast in you, strengthens your stamina, and with the 8-point striking system, your entire body is activated.
Muay Thai brings in the new you, train not only your body but your whole self. This martial art is not easy-peasy as it appears. It takes extreme discipline and constant efforts to master it. However, you need to wear a hand wrap to protect yourself from breaking your bone and knuckles. Only some of the best muay Thai hand wraps can help you in keeping you fit.
Table of Contents
Top 8 Best Muay Thai Hand Wraps for Players
We have come up with a detailed guide of some of the best muay Thai hand wraps so you can put in all your efforts on the battle stage, rather than searching for suitable hand wraps.
1. Fairtex Elastic Cotton Handwraps
Fairtex is an authentic Thailand brand that solely manufactures products for Martial Arts. You can downright rely on them. It gives you the most comfort and is of supreme quality. The elastic cotton stays firm on your hands even during the most stressful phases. They support you like no other. The length comes in two variants: 120 and 180. You can choose from a multitude of vibrant colors, and they are highly durable as well. Excellent quality, comfort, and durability are what make it one of the best in the market. Without any doubt, you can go for this hand wrap.
- It’s comfortable and protects your knuckles
- It’s light, delicate and of high quality
- It’s perfect for the price
- Comes in a variety of colors
- The elastic may not be flexible enough
- You might experience the color washing off
2. Everlast Professional Hand Wrap
If you’ve been training in Muay Thai but not happy with the hand wraps you have used previously, you should go for the Everlast Professional Hand Wrap. It is one of the best muay thai hand wraps. As in the name itself, it sure is everlasting. There is a wide array of features that you will love. One of the best things is that it comes in 11 colors. Yes, eleven colors. It’s a blend of nylon and polyester and is 180 inches, providing the right grip and protection for your wrists. It is comfortable and washable. Another remarkable thing is the anti-bacterial property introduced in it. A hand wrap gets smelly after one use, so to protect any bacterial growth and wretched smell, it is the right choice. It is machine washable and provides exceptional grip and always gives you a fresh smell.
- You can choose from a variety of colors
- It is comfy and breathable
- Anti-bacterial property prevents odors
- It is long enough with 180-meter length
- The material is delicate so might easily tear
- You might face issues with the velcro
3. Top King Cotton Handwraps
Top King is one of the most beautiful hand wraps too. They are comfortable and breathable, giving you an excellent grip while fighting. The elastic cotton allows your blood to circulate freely, even when you’ve wrapped it tightly. They are entirely manufactured for Muay Thai players, and even if you’re a professional, you would love to have it wrapped in your hand. It comes in various colors: Blue, black, red, white, and pink. The bright colors add extra energy to you while combating. It is 2 meters wide and 4 meters long. So, the length is decent, and you don’t feel it inadequate at all. You can go for this if you’re a beginner.
- It is of exceptional quality
- The elasticity is just right making it breathable
- Protects your wrists to a great extent
- Comes in multiple colors where you can choose from
- Might not be durable, so replacement after sometime is necessary
- You might experience problems with the fabric.
4. Sanabul Elastic Professional 180 inch hand wrap
Sanabul offers you one of the highest quality hand wraps in the market with a variety of characteristics. It is stretchable and fits comfortably around your wrist, giving you enough space for blood to circulate. The semi-elastic material gives the right texture and is breathable. It is long enough to fit the needs of everyone with 180 meters length. The material is not too thick so that you can enjoy the lightweight cloth wrapped around your wrist. They are soft and come in plenty of color variations that you can choose from. It gives you the right grip and protects your knuckle mostly without tearing in tough fights. There are thumb loops, velcro closure, and is the best muay thai hand wrap.
- It is comfortable and stretchable making room for blood circulation
- The material is smooth and durable
- Comes in bright colors to choose from
- Thumb loop doesn’t cause any issue inside of the finger
- Thumb loop might break after sometime
- Might have issues with the velcro
- The color might fade away gradually
5. Twins Special Muay Thai Boxing Handwraps
Muay Thai is all about your strength and stamina. How well you can tackle your opponent is what matters, and for the best use of your ability, the hand wraps are used. The twins special offers you right that. Their brand is one of the best muay thai hand wraps. They come in multiple colors like any other brands and are made of elasticized fabric, giving space for the blood to flow. The length is five meters, and the cotton is super soft and flexible. They are made up of non-elastic cotton thumbholes for easy wrapping. They are thick and durable. If you’re someone who doesn’t like the stretch materials, then this is the right one for you.
- A wide array of colors to choose from
- Easily washable
- Ideal for those who want non-stretchy material
- Made of fine quality cotton
- It does not stretch and might slip most of the time
- Since it is not stretchable, it might not be secure
- The material might become worn after a short time.
6. Bamboo Hand Wraps 180” sparring
Bamboo Hand Wraps are of the best muay thai hand wraps. They offer the right amount of everything for a price less than what you could imagine. The multiple properties make it more comfortable and breathable. You no longer have to worry about your hand wraps becoming smelly due to its natural anti-bacterial properties. It is highly durable with the bamboo stretch fabric and has a velcro closure with a hook and loop design too. The length is ideal with 180″ long. You are well protected from the constant strains and will experience the best combating with this. They are soft and give out a fresh smell keeping it clean. Suitable for both an amateur as well as a professional..
- It has anti-bacterial properties keeping it fresh and clean
- It is durable and doesn’t wear out after a short span
- Helps secure the wrist and knuckles to a large extent
- It is soft, comfortable, and breathable
- It doesn’t come in different colors. Has only a single color
7. MTF Muay Thai 180’ Boxing Handwrap
MTF hand wraps is a Mexican style professional hand wraps and are one of the best muay thai hand wraps. They come with high-quality cotton with spandex, helping you in better performance. It is comfortable and fits correctly, providing a better grip while boxing. It’s a product from Thailand so you can trust it without any doubt. It is machine washable, flexible and has a velcro closure with a thumb loop. It is designed well and protects your knuckles and wrist, ensuring you don’t break your bones. The material is light and doesn’t add too much volume under the gloves. You can box to your maximum potential with this type of a hand wrap. It is durable and stays even during rough fights. It is 180 inches long and is perfect for any variety of wraps.
- Excellent quality cotton so smooth and comfortable
- Secures your knuckles without tearing during fights
- Light-weight helping you in better performance
- Long enough to wrap in different styles
- Doesn’t come in various colors
- You may or may not like the zebra pattern
8. Adult 180” Handwraps for MMA and Boxing
The Meister Adult 180″ comes in a pack of three pairs, which is a good deal if you’ve been planning to buy a high grade one for a long time. It is also one of the best muay thai hand wraps. It is blended with quality cotton and spandex giving you the right comfort and support. They protect you in all conditions and help in the easy flow of blood. There are an oversized velcro strap and a strong thumb loop. You get in three colors that are black, red, and white. The length is perfect, thin material, and is easily washable. It is an ideal hand wrap for anyone planning to start muay Thai or a professional too.
- Made of a blend between spandex and cotton giving better comfort
- Easily stretchable thereby aiding in breathing
- Doesn’t wear even with a regular wash
- Best quality and quantity for the price
- The pink color wraps might diffuse to your hand when sweaty
- The color might fade away
- They might bleed into other clothes so need to be extra careful while washing
Now that we’ve seen some of the most high-grade Muay Thai hand wraps, let’s take a look at what exactly one should keep in mind before buying a hand wrap.
- Budget – If you’re planning to buy a hand wrap at a minimum price, the cotton fabric ones are ideal. They are comfortable and affordable. However, you need to keep in mind that they do not have much elasticity compared to the expensive ones which have a blend of spandex. Though it might protect you, it might not be breathable.
- Length – The ideal range of a hand wrap is 180 inches. Though there are a lot of brands offering different sizes, it depends on you. The 180 inches wrap protects you quite well during rough training sessions.
- Type – Two types are depending on which you can choose. One is the pure quality cotton, while the other is the blend of cotton with spandex, giving you the elasticity. The elastic type is more breathable and comfortable and doesn’t choke you up. There will be an easier flow of blood in the body than the cotton ones.
- Velcro straps – A wide Velcro strap is always more suitable so that the wraps do not loosen in between the fight. It sure is an important thing to keep in mind while buying hand wraps. Always try to choose the one which comprises all the qualities and for better quality, go with the higher price. It will last longer and protect you better.
We hope this guide has helped you in choosing the right muay thai hand wrap. Whether you’re a beginner or have years of practice, a hand wrap is a must to protect yourself from getting injured. Muay Thai is not a martial art like others and can get intense sometimes. To ensure you’re on the safer side, do buy a hand wrap that is comfortable, breathable, and safe. If you feel a particular brand doesn’t suit your skin, change it immediately.
If you’re an amateur, there are plenty of products with a wide range of features where you can choose from, and we’ve mentioned the best muay thai hand wraps out of all the products available. One thing you need to keep in mind is that never settle for the cheaper ones as it will be terrible if the wrap unfolds between rough fights. That said, it’s up to your choice, given the different types and benefits.