This 2000-year-old martial art is gaining immense popularity in recent times. One, because it is a perfect cardio workout and two because it teaches mind-body coordination. Whether you want to learn self-defense, a traditional martial art, or just want to look and feel good, it’s for everyone, and all rolled into one.
Here the body acts as a weapon, and one of the most powerful weapons is the elbow. A single strike with the elbow has the potential to knock out the opponent in one go. Therefore, until your elbow is conditioned, you will be prone to severe injuries, which is why a muay thai elbow pad is of utmost importance. It thus protects you as well as your opponent from breaking the bone.
If you’re heading out to your training sessions or competitions, then you must have a pair of elbow pads in your kit. Finding quality elbow pads can be vexing, so we’ve come with a list of some of the best muay thai elbow pads available in the market here.
Table of Contents
Top 8 Best Muay Thai Elbow Pads
When it comes to muay thai elbow pads, you have to consider several factors like the material, the length of foam, and the right size for the elbow. Here are some of the top-rated ones which you might want to consider when planning to buy one.
1. Cushiony Elbow Pads From Venom 4.2
Venum is an excellent brand when it comes to purchasing Muay Thai protective products. The elbow pads are comfortable, giving you a cushiony feeling with the dense pads. They are made of excellent quality cotton and come in a variety of vibrant colors to choose from. You get a pair of muay thai elbow pads at an affordable price. They are washable and also durable. They protect your elbow and also your opponent. You can strike right with these pads confidently and not get yourself or others injured. Though these are not from Thailand, they are good enough to have your elbows guarded at any level.
- They are comfortable
- Available in multiple colors
- Inexpensive and you get two pads
- Made of quality cotton and washable
- You might find yourself re-adjusting it a couple of times
- The velcro straps may not be handy
- Might be tight and uncomfortable if not chosen the right size
Price – $22.60
2. RDX Light and Durable Elbow Pads 4.2
RDX is another top brand that offers some of the well-designed muay thai elbow pads. It comes in three primary colors and four standard sizes. The exterior is made of soft synthetic elastic material and assures not to slip while the interior is padded with light carbon fiber and provides complete protection. It keeps you dry even after an intense training session due to the Dri-fit sweat management system. It is washable, and they look brand new even after multiple washes. It is durable and of high quality. If you have a sore elbow but need to head to the training, you can buy these. They do not block circulation and provide ample space to breathe. You get two pads in one set.
- Padding is done right and is light-weight
- It is comfortable and breathable
- Does not slip easily due to the elastic outer material
- It is durable and washable
- Might find the elastic material to be slightly tight
- Can sometimes be itchy from the inside
Price – $18.99
3. Quality Elbow Pads by Bodyprox 4.7
Bodyprox offers you one of the superior quality elbow pads that would be beyond your expectations. It is affordable and provides the right amount of features though not exclusively manufactured for muay Thai. You can consider this due to the foam padding and fine quality fabric. It stays intact and is durable. You get two pads on purchase. It is breathable and allows circulation easily. You can wear this not only for muay Thai but also during weekend outdoor activities. If you’ve got a mildly injured elbow, you can wear this to protect yourself from the strikes. It might be the right one for beginners
- Comfortable, breathable and enjoyable foam padding
- Multi-purpose elbow pads
- Provides optimum protection
- Made of abrasion-resistant materials
- Not made for Muay Thai so might be different than the rest
- Chances that you may have to get it exchanged due to the size variations
Price – $14.99
4. Midnight Blue Elbow Pads by Combat Sports 4.2
These beautiful intense blue color muay thai elbow pads are the perfect one and a must-have in your training kit. They are well-constructed with a bunch of unique features like the use of neoprene sleeves and shock absorbing IMF technology used for padding. The foam is dense, giving maximum protection during heavy workouts. They stay intact without sliding, so you need not re-adjust every second while fighting, unlike other pads. The material is made of fine quality and is flexible enough for every type of movement. It slides in smoothly and guards your elbows entirely. If you’re looking for an elbow pad for a long time, then this is the right one for you.
- Made of leather and stays intact
- Comfortable and breathable
- The bright blue looks stylish
- Padding offers supreme protection
- Might be too tight for a few individuals
- Could be small and tight if not chosen the right size
Price – $33.79 – $34.99
5. Best Seller Elbow Pads by Century Armor
One of the most attractive muay thai elbow pads in the market is the one from Century. It is designed armor-like, giving a real bold warrior look. The ruby-red and black shade looks marvelous. They are stylish and unusual, not like the ones that you find online. They are slip-on guards, so they’re comfortable to wear and take off. Protection is ultimate due to the high-density thermoformed padding, and you would love to head to the sessions, and also it allows you to focus more on the form. They are comfortable to a great extent and are durable. It will enable blood circulation and doesn’t fit too tight like a few of the brands. It’s both for the elbow and the forearm. You can buy this without giving many thoughts as everything about these elbow pads are excellent.
- Made of thermoformed padding for extra protection
- They look unique and stylish
- Easy to slip on and off
- They are comfortable and durable
- Fitting around the wrist could be most tight.
Price – $21.00 – $27.99
6. Elasticated and Light-Weight Elbow Pads
The TMA elbow pads come in dual colors. Both are vibrant and are made of poly-cotton that is elasticated for flexibility. The pads are fitted with velcro straps so that they don’t slide during heavy sessions. It’s light-weight, and the foam is thick enough to protect your opponent well from major strikes. It is washable and doesn’t fade with time. You get a pair of these muay thai elbow pads when ordered. They look good when on the hand, and apart from that, due to its elasticity, the movements are not restricted, and you get to raise your hand high up correctly.
- Made of poly-cotton and is of fine quality
- It is light-weight and comfortable
- Padding is dense and protects well
- Offers flexibility due to the elastic properties
- They are not available in multiple sizes and colors
Price – $11.99-$12.99
7. Flexible Dragon Fight Gear
Elbow pads are quite important for this combat sport. If not worn, you might end up permanently damaging your elbow and end up not being able to play the sport your whole life. To avoid that, elbow pads should be used, and one such muay thai elbow pad is the Dragon Do Elbow Pads. They are available in three colors, and they are easy to use. They are comfortable and flexible. Easy to slip on due to its elastic properties. You can secure it with wrap-around velcro so that it doesn’t slide during the fight. The pads are shock absorbing. They are available in small, medium, large, and extra-large sizes. You get them in pairs and are inexpensive too.
- Light-weight and comfortable
- Flexible enough for every movement
- Affordable and worth the price
- Remains still due to the velcro closure
- Pads might not be thick enough when compared to others
Price – $12.99
8. Protective Ring to Cage Elbow pads
The elbow is a powerful body part that is used to tackle the opponent, and there are seven different ways to do it. While training, if you injure your opponent or vice-versa, then going for competitions can be challenging. To ensure there are minimum harm and maximum protection during the sessions or competitions, muay thai elbow pads are extensively used. The Ring to Cage elbow pad is one such pad that offers protection through the foam padding and keeps the pad in one place with the hook and loop strap. The fabric is thick and protects well. It’s available at an affordable price and comes in various sizes too.
- Comfortable and perfect padding
- Light-weight and flexible
- Affordable and of exceptional quality
- Offers maximum protection
- You might encounter problems with the velcro straps
- They might slide during heavy sparring
Price – $24.29
Buy on Amazon
While looking for muay thai elbow pads, you need to keep a bunch of things in mind beforehand. It might not be easy to find the right one immediately, but there a multitude of brands that offer some of the fine quality muay thai elbow pads in the market. Here are some of the prime things to check while buying.
- Price – We know that most of them take a look at the price tag before buying, especially beginners. While the less pricey ones can be considered, it still isn’t the best option. Maybe fine to an extent for beginners, but not recommended. The top-quality ones are pretty expensive, but they are durable and comfortable. So, try to go for the finer ones any day.
- Size – The next is the size. Most of them buy elbow pads, but during training, they encounter issues with it. It usually goes out of place and doesn’t provide the right protection when the size is not right. So, finding the right size for your elbow is significant. Take into account not to buy the ones that are too tight either as they might hinder blood circulation around the elbows.
- Material – The cheaper ones are made of not-so-good leather while the better ones are made of pure leather. The high-quality leather offers maximum protection to your elbows. Another thing is the honeycomb-like foam within the pads. They are the ones that protect you the most. Therefore, a high-density foam elbow pad should be chosen to prevent grave injuries.
Well, we hope you’ve got a clear picture of choosing the right muay thai elbow pads for your training sessions. Since the elbow acts as a powerful weapon, some of the Athletic Commissions do not allow using the elbow for striking. Still, it is always beneficial to be trained wearing the elbow pads because once the damage is done, it will be hard to recover from the blow. Safety should always be the top priority when it comes to any combat sports.
Finding the right elbow pad can only do that job for you. Whether you’re a rookie or a professional, guarding yourself can make you play the sport for a longer time than you can think. After out-and-out research of the best muay thai elbow pads, you can go for the one that best fits your needs and which is comfortable for all. We are sure you would ace the sport with all the right equipment in your Muay Thai kit.