Muay Thai is a form of martial art that originated in 14th century Thailand. This popular combat sports style martial art form has a lot of history and culture ingrained in its practice. In recent years, Muay Thai has become a well-known and practiced martial art form worldwide. The exclusive ‘art of eight limbs’ involves movements using the entire body- knees, shins, elbows, and fists. Since punching is a part of Muay Thai, one should specifically look for Muay Thai gloves. Thus, without a doubt, Fairtex muay thai gloves out of all the brands available in the world are the best of the lot.
There is a vast difference between regular boxing gloves and Muay Thai boxing gloves. Muay Thai gloves are flexible and less rigid when trying to clench your fist, whereas boxing gloves are not that flexible. You cannot make a fist wearing boxing gloves. Thus, Fairtex has had ever since 1971, been a pioneer of producing authentic Muay Thai gloves that are tested by Muay Thai practitioners in Thailand. The best-seller among the variety of gloves Fairtex offers is the BGV1 Breathable Fairtex muay thai gloves. Let us find out the outstanding features of this product.
- Shipping Weight- 1.2 pounds
- Material- Genuine leather
- Size- 8-16oz
- ASIN- B07FTVK66J
- Colors- White, Black, Blue, Red
Overview of the Brand Fairtex
Fairtex was established in the year 1971 in the land of Muay Thai- Thailand. Muay Thai experts are immensely grateful to this brand for years of a trustworthy relationship with them for producing high-quality Muay Thai equipment. Their range of accessories includes apparel like shorts, training equipment like shin guards, thigh pads, heavy bags with a stand to hang the heavy bag from, headgears, belly pads, gloves, etc. The premium quality piece of equipment comes from its origin; that is, every item is made in Thailand. The scope which is provided by the brand Fairtex to the Muay Thai practitioners all across the world is immense. Since the products are quality tested by Muay Thai experts in Thailand, it is safe to assume that the brand has a good reputation and offers to give you a rewarding experience.
Features of Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves
The Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai gloves are a blessing to the Muay Thai community who spend every hour of their day to practice and improve their skills. It is a huge problem when we exude a lot of sweat due to exhaustion and blood circulation in the Muay Thai regime’s training section. We do not like the sweaty feeling. This Fairtex muay thai gloves, however, comes with a twist that makes it entirely bearable.
- The gloves are constructed with high-quality design to fit tightly in the spaces and give you a snug and secure fit. It is made with a well crafted ergonomic design, which was well researched under the guidance of traditional Muay Thai experts in Thailand.
- The material on the outside is premium quality- it is made with genuine leather.
- The material inside is made with three-layered foam technology so that the hand is well protected from any harsh blows, including the knuckles and the palm.
- The three-layered foam core technology in Fairtex muay thai gloves is capable of keeping the hand firm as it is constructed in that manner to allow the dispersion of shock as well as protecting you from any injury.
- These gloves are available in five different sizes- 8 Oz, 10 Oz, 12 Oz, 14 Oz, and 16 Oz.
- The gloves are also available in four different colors from which you can choose- blue, black, white, and red.
- The gloves are to be secured with the wrap-around hook and loop velcro straps around the wrist to get a comfortable, fastened fit.
- These types of Fairtex muay thai gloves are entirely handmade exclusively in Thailand by experts.
- However, the palm and the finger around the region above the grip bar is heavily loaded with pores or holes to accommodate ventilation. This feature efficiently helps the sweat produced from your hands to dry up.
- The mesh-like material on the palm has the purpose of cutting off any moisture being built in the gloves.
Why Should You Opt for the Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves?
- The gloves are breathable due to the mesh in the palm and filled with pores around the fingers to accommodate breathability and natural drying of sweat.
- The moisture gets cut off quickly.
- The Fairtex muay thai gloves padding is proper and evenly spread out all across the glove to disperse any shock and prevent injury.
- The wraparound hook and loop velcro strap is the reason the gloves stay secured in place.
- The construction of the glove is complete with genuine leather as well as the three-layered foam core technology to absorb and disperse shock.
- It is a heavy-duty piece of equipment that provides scope to breathe comfortably through hot gloves.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves?
- Accommodates ventilation with the help of the pores and holes in the glove, making it extremely breathable and dry the sweat.
- Heavily and evenly padded with three-layer foam core technology.
- Made with 100% genuine leather
- The wraparound hook and loop velcro strap keep the Fairtex muay thai gloves secured.
- The palm has some mesh material that cuts off any moisture being built in the gloves.
- Made in Thailand
- The velcro strap also enables you to take off and wear the gloves easily. You can also choose how tight you want it to fasten around your wrist.
- The gloves are available in four different colors- Black, Red, White, Blue.
- The protection may be comparatively less to other gloves by the same brand.
- The padding is lesser than other gloves by Fairtex.
- It can be tight for some people.
Cost of Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves
The cost of the Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves is $63.68 – $87.00.
You can find it here.
How To Install the Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves?
The steps to wear the Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves are as follows-
- Face your palm upwards and push your hand into the gloves.
- Do not make the hand in a fist. Keep it normal and outstretched.
- Get the hook and loop wrap around and the velcro strap to secure the glove properly.
- If you feel the wrist is not snug enough, adjust the velcro strap, and fit it according to your preference.
- Always clean the gloves gently with disinfectant and tissue paper to maintain healthy habits.
Who Can Use the Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves?
Anyone can use the Fairtex muay thai gloves to get a secure and snug fit and not sweat for a long time. It is padded evenly and has enough scope for ventilation.
How to Order the Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves?
Go to this link to order your pair of Fairtex BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves from Amazon.
The customer service of Fairtex is very sincere and efficient.
- You contact them by filling out a form for any clarifications of problems –
- Telephone: (+662) 385-5149
- Fax: (+662) 385-5403
- They also have a social media page on Facebook, which is active and willing to solve your issues.
Their timings are as follows-
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu- 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
Fri- 9 A.M. to Noon
On Sundays and Saturdays remain closed.
- How to clean them? Is it okay to wash them?
These gloves are made with leather, so it is advised to clean them with a disinfectant and a tissue paper so that it gets cleaned yet remains dry.
- Is the thumb in the glove attached or apart?
The thumb is attached to the glove.
- Is the grip bar too hard?
The grip bar is not that hard and has a soft shaped grip.
- Which size do I take for sparring?
The 16 oz is highly recommended for sparring by experts.
- Is there a size chart?
No, one does not need any size chart for these gloves.
- What colors are available for these gloves?
The colors are White, Black, Blue, Red.
Thus, the BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves is a high grossing piece of essential equipment for every Muay Thai practitioner across the world. Since the gloves are made exclusively by the expert brand Fairtex, Muay Thai practitioners always look forward to buying their product as they are authentic, made in Thailand under the expertise of Muay Thai professionals, and is a long-surviving premium Muay Thai accessories brand. Since 1971, Fairtex has produced many Fairtex muay thai gloves exclusively for this combat sport that can make any Muay Thai practitioner happy with the outstanding features of every pair of gloves bears. The BGV1 Breathable Muay Thai Gloves are handmade with all Muay Thai experts’ dedication and efforts from Thailand. Thus, this product is a good purchase for the exceptional breathable feature it delivers.